Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Gremlin Pumpkin


     This year I was super excited to decorate for Halloween. My husband and I just got married and it would be our first Halloween living together. Alas, all of our Halloween plans have been foiled and we abruptly had to pack up all of our things and move out of our little apartment. So it was a no-go on any big Halloween decor. 
     I did get to do a few things though, like pick up two darling little pumpkins for 50 cents each. :) 
Our kittens thought they were toys and tore them up pretty badly, but I think that adds to their creepy charm.   I was inspired from Pinterest with this picture, 



     My little gremlin doesn't look quite as beauteous as the inspiration picture, but I had a couple of struggles. One, the kittens tore my pumpkin up, and two, those vampire teeth don't close like they do in the second picture. Make sure if you do this that the vampire teeth overlap... otherwise you'll have to cut them in half like I did. 

     I entered my little pumpkin into a pumpkin carving contest; but I don't expect to win anything. He is just silly and I thought the judges might get a smile from him. These are some of the pictures I entered. 




     I hope everyone has a happy Halloween! Make sure to put your kitties inside and to take some hot apple cider in a thermos for your trick-or-treating endeavors! 

~Chantille

No comments:

Post a Comment